Endometrial biopsy involves taking a sample from the uterus to make diagnosis of the uterine conditions
Conditions that may require that you undergo a biopsy to find a cause of your symptoms include:
- Bleeding that occurs after you’ve stopped menstruating due to menopause
- Discovery of a thickened uterine wall following an ultrasound
- Excessive bleeding while taking fertility drugs
- Menstrual periods include an abnormally strong blood flow, such as bleeding that lasts too long, is heavier than usual, or is continuously irregular.
- Check for endometrial cancer.